Madani PTE Set
Wexler Surgical has teamed up with Dr. Michael M. Madani, Executive Director, UC San Diego Cardiovascular Institute, and leading expert on PTE Surgery, to develop a unique line of highly accredited and elegantly designed surgical instruments as the definitive treatment for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH).
Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), also referred to as pulmonary endarterectomy (PEA), remains the preferred and potentially curative option for operable patients with CTEPH. This procedure effectively clears away all affected areas of the pulmonary vasculature, including removing obstructive fibrous scar tissue and embolized clots. Yet because of the meticulous, complete dissection of the pulmonary artery planes and the use of circulatory arrest, PTE surgery is technically demanding and is currently performed in only a few select medical centers around the world.
UC San Diego Health has performed more than 4,000 PTE surgery procedures—more than any other institution in the world. Under the direction of Dr. Madani, also Director of UCSD’s PTE Program, the PTE surgical technique has been refined and the tools they use have achieved excellent short- and long-term results. In response to UCSD’s specific PTE surgical needs, Wexler has collaborated with Dr. Madani to design Wexler Surgical’s line of requisite PTE instruments.
Working with Dr. Madani has brought innovation. Dr. Madani’s long-blade forceps feature a double-action mechanism that is indispensable for grasping and removing embolized clots. The patented double-action design on the Madani forceps ensures no possibility of scissoring at the distal end. That same mechanism provides an improved grasp, while simultaneously reducing the pressure required to operate the forceps. This is incredibly advantageous for the surgeon, as it reduces finger fatigue and cramps, making extended surgical procedures even easier. Although these instruments are designed principally for PTE procedures, their design and their much firmer grasp makes them versatile/adaptable for other procedures as well.
You can choose from these high-quality Madani PTE line of instruments:
- DeBakey Forceps – Straight jaws and handle with a counterbalance featuring Wexler’s patented X-Action design provides more control with less effort, permitting easier handling of vascular structures and line of sight.
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 1mm tips, Round Handle w/Counterbalance, Titanium 12” (30.5cm) - FL6024.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 1mm tips, Round Handle w/Counterbalance, Titanium 16” (40.5cm) - FL6025.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 2.5mm tips, Round Handle w/Counterbalance, Titanium 12” (30.5cm) - FL6034.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 2.5mm tips, Round Handle w/Counterbalance, Titanium 16” (40.5cm) - FL6035.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 1mm tips, Flat Handle, Titanium 12” (30.5cm) - FL6324.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 1mm tips, Flat Handle, Titanium 16” (40.5cm) - FL6325.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 2.5mm tips, Flat Handle, Titanium 12” (30.5cm) - FL6334.2
- Madani DeBakey Forceps – Straight 2.5mm tips, Flat Handle, Titanium 16” (40.5cm) - FL6335.2
- Needle Holders
- Scalpel Holder - Round Handle, Stainless Steel, 14.5" (37cm) - AL0199.1
- Suction Instruments
- Madani Retractor System
Wexler remains committed to being responsive to and meeting specific PTE surgical needs. In that regard, Dr. Madani is continuing to work with Wexler on other instruments used in PTE, which also can be used in other procedures.
In our 20+ years history, Wexler Surgical has served the surgical profession through knowing surgeons’ needs and understanding the procedures they perform. At Wexler Surgical, we are always adapting to the rapidly changing surgical field. “In a world of precision, we’re on the cutting edge.”
For more information about the Madani PTE Set of surgical instruments or any of our more than 3,000 fine, highest quality products, contact us at:
For questions and orders please contact us at:Wexler Surgical
11333 Chimney Rock Road
Houston, TX 77035